- Staff Directory
- Schedule / Calendar
- School Information
- Parent Resources
- Online Registration
Room Parents / Volunteers
Our Grace Miller PTA helps in assigning room parents. Room parents arrange for treats and activities for scheduled school parties and functions. Notices are sent home by the PTA each September asking for room parents.
If you are unable to be a room parent, you may want to volunteer from time to time in your child’s classroom. Our teachers appreciate the help from parents, grandparents, family and community members. Your child will feel special because you are a part of his/her classroom. Please contact your child’s teacher to arrange a time or way to help the classroom. Due to liability, volunteers are asked to leave infants and pre-schoolers at home. All volunteers working on campus must sign in at the office. Volunteers who are in the classrooms more than 10 hours per year will need to be fingerprinted and have a current TB test. There is a fee for these services, and is at the volunteer’s expense but is good for use at all BUSD schools.
Parent involvement is always welcome. Here are a few ways you can participate in your child's school, but be creative in offering your time and talents to assist in the learning of our students.
- Classroom volunteer - contact your teacher
- Library volunteer - contact Mrs. Torres
- PTA volunteer - see PTA link
- Help with special classroom projects
- Help with reading, writing, math, science, computers, PE, fine arts, history projects
- Assist with after-school tutoring
- Assist with Garden Club, Peace Patrol, or Student Council